Charles and I are back from our UK vacation. I can't remember a time when I've felt so relaxed on a holiday. It was just bliss. Photos and more details to come once I've downloaded the 500+ photos from my camera. For now I'll just touch on the highlights:
- Virgin Atlantic planes upgraded entertainment systems. We each enjoyed a 6" screen in the seatback in front of us and an amazing selection of movies, UK and US tv shows, documentaries, music and games. It made the flight go a lot quicker especially since I couldn't knit on the UK to US trip (knitting needles banned for security reasons).
- Discovering Little Britain. The funniest show I've seen in years.
- Swarkestone Pavillion - one of our best Landmark Trust experiences. The architecture, history, location, and caretakers were fabulous. We're already planning our next trip (September 2007).
- Taking a hike and picnic nearly every day. One of our best picnics was when we got caught in a torrential downpour along the drive leading up to Shugborough Hall. We were safe, sound and dry standing under some towering trees. While we waited out the rain we finished our homemade cheese, ham and pickle sandwiches along with delicious clementines and then had a dessert of ripe blackberries straight from the hedgerow.
- Coming home to Conwy, North Wales.
- A walk along Conwy beach in the sun talking about everything and nothing with Charles.
- Visiting, laughing, coloring, dancing and singing with my nieces Mim (5) and Daisy (4).
- Hanging out with Jill, Sara and David - I am so lucky to have the best in-laws ever!
- Seeing a pair of underwear drying on the Aga then hours later realizing they were mine.
- Yummy ploughman's lunch at the King's Head in Bridgnorth, Shropshire.
- Beer and The Redesdale Arms in Morton-in-Marsh with Charles's Godfather David.
- Walk in the Cotswolds with David, Anne and Henry the 3 year old flat coated retriever. After being dogless for 10 days we were so happy to be out on a walk with such a fun dog.
- Bangers and mash and great beer at the Tite Inn in Chaddlington, Oxfordshire with our friend Steve and his kids Charlotte (3.5) and George (2).
- An amazing meal at our favorite London restaurant, The Glasshouse in Kew.
- Chutneys, pickles, crazy yogurt flavors (e.g., toffee, rhubarb & strawberry), cheese and more cheese, organic British lamb, triangle sandwiches from Marks & Spencer, digestive biscuits, Twiglets, trifle, sticky toffee pudding, fish and chips with curry sauce, Marmite, and more cheese!
Can't wait to go back!