I read recently that people who publicly state their resolutions and get their friends and family involved in helping them stick to them are more likely to keep their resolutions. So here goes. In 2010 I resolve to:
- Make more time for creative activities. These activities are relaxing, restorative and energizing so I need to make more time to do them.
- Read more for pleasure. I need to step away from email and my laptop outside of work and do more reading for pleasure at night and on the weekends.
- Get back to doing weights at the gym. I got out of the habit of going to the gym for weights during the weekdays when my car was totalled 2 years ago. I need to get back in the habit of doing more than just cardio on my ski machine in the basement.
- Spend more time with family. My nieces are growing up fast and developing busy social lives of their own. Now is the time to get involved!
- Write more letters. With family and friends scattered all over the country I want to take the time to connect with them through more than email, twitter and facebook - especially for those who aren't digitally connected.